Saturday 1 May 2010

Spam comes flooding in (again)

Since March this year, my Yahoo account has been re-opened because I was requested by Charlotte Hendy (@charliehendy) to join one of her Hollyoaks fan groups on Piczo. Well for that, you needed a yahoo e-mail address, so no sooner had I terminated it and I had to re-open it again. Now I'm receiving over 5 e-mails each week, including unearthed activity newsletters from blip.fm. I might have to cancel my account with them and rejoin. But no sooner have I re-opened my account, and everything in spam I got before: Business proposals, business transactions, mystery money and more business proposals with titles like Dear Friend and Hello have started to come flooding in again as fast as you can say 'Here's Jonny!'. But I can't terminate the account because of one of Charlotte's groups I've joined, so what I will have to do is find a way to turn spam-guard off. Heaven knows how I'll do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment